Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Lazy Daisy

What is it with guys? I have been wearing Marc Jacobs "Daisy" perfume for six months completely unnoticed by both sexes. Yet, suddenly, in the past few weeks, gay and straight, stranger and friend, professor and clerk all alike have mustered up what I should consider the considerable nerve to say "I have no idea what you're wearing but you smell absolutely awesome!". It happened twice just tonight at the bookstore! I too, am quite fond of the smell, even though it's gotten poor reviews for being top simple. It is a sweet, breezy sort of violet scent I think very much appropriate for a girl of my age. I fully admit that my nose is not sophisticated enough to yet enjoy more complex smells. I also admit that I originally bought it for it's bottle.

Doesn't it fill you with inescapable joy just looking at it? Those big, cheery rubber Takashi Murikami daisies are the most brilliant marketing move they could have possibly made. I like the smell, but I wouldn't have found it nearly so persuasive without those enoromous, shiny daisies staring up at me, and I'm sure many were caught in the same adorable trap. I am instantly cheered every time I open my armoire to use it, and oh, don't get me started on the bizzare satisfaction I get from the champagne cork-like pop sound the cap makes when I remove it....

1 comment:

MeMovingForward said...

Haha I know what you mean, I chose this over a Bulgari perfume a while ago - I couldn't decide between the scents so I went for the one with the prettiest bottle!