Thursday, May 29, 2008

Ispirazione

It is one of the many cruel certainties of life that Vogue Italia is infinitely cooler (and more expensive) than American Vogue. I have only ever splurged on one issue, the only store in my city that sells it is a Barnes and Noble on the outskirts of town, so with the cost of gas buying it would actually be around twenty dollars a pop, if not more. My old Italian professor, strict adherent to fashion and all things European that she was, refused to buy it while she was here, scoffing at the fourteen-dollar price tag remarking "That's like a pair of shoes at TJ Maxx!".
photos courtesy of foto_decadent

2 comments:

MeMovingForward said...

Gorgeous pictures! I love the huge beanie hats and the tights, socks and heels combination - almost makes me wish it was winter again..

Shade said...

I totally agree with you. I mean on American Vogue there's never any models on the cover its always some celebrity. European Vogues are much better...;) There's actual FASHION.