Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Pomp and Circumstance

I could give you some speil about being inspired by the 1940's and Alexander McQueen, but really, this is just me procrastinating my Political Science homework. If you had to memorize all the ammendments of the Constitution verbatim, you would procrastinate too.





Note, this was the hairstyle after a day full of arduous classes. I didn't have time to photograph it in the morning. Doing the hairstyle was suprisingly easy. Getting any kind of camera angle with no one to takes photos for me, definately was not. If you like it though, I can try to post a tutorial on it when I have some actual time. The hair decoration is no average fake flower, it's a velvet stickpin that was my grandmother's in the 30's.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

you study political science? woouw i study laws im from chile and you? this is such a nice blooog!

take care

Amelia said...

I love the hair and the lippy. Very nice. I can definitely sympathize with procrastinating on poli sci homework--that was my life last year. Hehe. I think we have a lot in common. I'm 16 and will be starting my sophomore year in college, so we're pretty much in the same position.

Unknown said...

That velvet stickpin is gorgeous. What a treasure.

I see your trackback thingy already caught this, but I was gonna post a link here in the comments to a picture I have of another neat fabric floral accessory, but I decided it was interesting enough to show my readers, as well. So I posted it over on my own site instead.

Cheers!

Hannah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hannah said...

I love it! You look really glamorous and modern at the same time.

Wynn said...

love the hair! sometimes i wish i had enough to do fun stuff like that with

emily said...

i love your hair! very glamorous!

Wendy said...

The red lipstick looks really good on you.

Anonymous said...

yay for a hair tutorial! i love how it looks done, but in a casually chic sort of way. very pretty.