Monday, May 18, 2009

The Spark

Seeking out gainful employment (and failing miserably) has been cutting into my free time lately. But I thought I would "reward" you darling readers for your patience with a post that took, y'know--effort.

The other day I was listening to Bob Dylan and thinking about how Bob loves him a song named after a chick (of course, that can be said about many a male musician, but I digress). And I was listening to "Rita May" specifically and begun to ponder, "How would a girl that Bob Dylan sings about, dress?"

Visions of Johanna

One of my personal favourites, it actually refers to one named Louise more than Johanna, but semantics. Louise, God bless her soul, is our protagonist's sloppy seconds: "Louise, she's all right, she's just near
She's delicate and seems like the mirror
But she just makes it all too concise and too clear
That Johanna's not here"

and Johanna is his great Madonna. Granted, it is the habit of men to either overidealize women or make them out as crazy bitches, but let's not get into that. Putting Johanna realistically, I imagine her as one of those willowy, fragile looking sorts with a slight frame who wears billowy chiffon kinds of things:





Louise, for her part, is sturdier, more "normal". Cotton, practical, but with a twist, something subtle that a man could never appreciate.







I'm thinking of making this a "series" and (eventually) covering all of Bob's named lady loves. What say you?

14 comments:

Tavi said...

YES, continue this. Pretty much genius.

Guga said...

loved it, waiting for the next song! ;)

Ellen said...

Yes please!

J.Yo said...

another song, please! i love the post!

Anonymous said...

amazing clothes

http://balmainbazaar.blogspot.com/

In-tree-gue said...

this is all too good

chalortte said...

I love the chloƩ dress !

Anonymous said...

God ....that's kind of a mean song ....

Anonymous said...

i love this! and bob dylan! such a great idea, definitely do more

also, i'm new to blogging, i love your blog and would love if you could check mine out and see what you think if you have time. thanks!
http://schooloffrock.wordpress.com/

Grace said...

I think you may be on to something.

Love Grace.

klara said...

i love that dress!

Emma said...

what is that pretty pink dress on top? i have to have it!! =)

Anonymous said...

I NEED THOSE BALLET FLATS. WHERE ARE THEY FROM?

Toni. said...

I love the jeans and the sneakers, I'm a big sneaker fan. I know plenty og girls that would love this site!

http://snazzyarentwe.blogspot.com/